▪ This section comprises of Grades One to Seven inclusive.
1. Minimum Age on Entry
▪ On entry into Grade One, the child should be at least five-and-a-half years of age, ( or of an appropriate age in the grade applied for).
▪ Grades One & Two follow the Nursery School timetable. Grades Three till Seven inclusive commence at 07.30hrs and end at 12.30hrs from Monday to Thursday while on Friday they commence at 07.30hrs and end at 11.50hrs.
▪ Afternoon classes are occasionally held, specifically for remedial and reinforcement purposes, as is the case for classes during the term one and/or term two holidays. The morning session has a break period from 10.10hrs till 10.30hrs.
▪ See "School Uniform"
▪ Children are encouraged to bring wholesome and nutritious foods/snacks for consumption at break time. "Junk" foods and caries-causing foods are discouraged.
▪ This is the responsibility of the parent for all the learners of the primary school from Grade One till Grade Seven inclusive . A comprehensive list is given at the Open Day of the last term. Parents of new entrants should enquire for the same from the respective Head Teacher.
6. Class Staffing
▪ A class teacher and a teacher aide are allocated for Grade 1 and 2 while Grades 3 to 7 are handled by a grade teacher and assistant teacher/s handling specific subject/s. Wherever possible, the boys are taught by male teachers and the girls by female teachers as a matter of school policy.
7. Class Structure
▪ Grades 1 and 2 comprise of a mixed gender class and are housed in the girls' section. From Grade 3 upwards, the genders are strictly separated, (and housed), in different sections of the school premises, each gender having its own facility in most of the disciplines.
▪ Classes are of a mixed ability with an average enrolment of 25-30 learners.